A course of dreams
Last week I was on a very intensive Microsoft course. See my main blog for details. However, among other things, the course or the accommodation seemed to trigger a series of odd dreams. I had three that I can still remember. The details are a little fuzzy as I'm writing this a few days afterwards.
It's odd but I only just realised that my colleagues featured in all of these dreams. I was on the course with three of my colleagues but none of them featured in any of these dreams.
| 1 | Loch Ness Monster |
| This was disturbing. The details are a little fuzzy but the dream started when I was in a toy shop with a colleague who was looking for a present for his new baby. Somehow then we were at Loch Ness looking for the monster. It turned up looking like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. You know, lots of teeth. It climbed out of Loch Ness and then started climbing up the bank towards us. At that point I woke up, for real, and I had a period of night paralysis. I know how that works, that the brain is temporarily cut off from the body during dream cycles but it was still not nice. I woke up and couldn't move and there was this weird metallic screaming in my left ear. It took me a little while to regain control of my body. | |
| 2 | Weird sex |
| This was also disturbing. This one started with me returning home to find my wife (???) in bed with another man. I think I started fighting with the man but ended up having sex with him myself. The details of this dream are the vaguest of the lot but there are images of us being watched by a gay colleague of mine and a recurrence of my eye's burst blood vessel problem. | |
| 3 | Holiday resort deep underground |
| I liked this one. I found myself looking for a lift that would take me to a holiday resort in a cave deep under ground. I tried several doors but I just missed them but got into one in the nick of time. It went a long way down and fell so fast that we were in free-fall for most of the descent. When we arrived, the lift opened in a large brightly lit cave where there were huge natural constructions made out of light dust-like material. Possibly this was volcanic ash. We were so far down that the gravity of the ground above our heads started to have an effect on us as well as the ground below so we were able to leap around like we were on the moon. I could jump very high against the columns of ash and run my hands through it. Another colleague was there and we were like children in a sweet shop. Later I went to another part of the complex where people were racing around in tubes very fast. Finally, it turned out to be John Sessions's birthday party and I felt bad when I didn't have a present for him. All the presents had to be tied up with red ribbons. When we got back to the surface, it was actually David's party all along and I had to give him some rubbish present and promise to give him the red ribbon later. |
It's odd but I only just realised that my colleagues featured in all of these dreams. I was on the course with three of my colleagues but none of them featured in any of these dreams.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home